MASTER OF FINANCE - Mfin
Master of Finance, the science program of managing funds, builds on the principles of risk, money and time and how these interplay with each other. If you are someone who enjoys organizing and planning and additionally have a degree in finance, continuing building your education by taking a Master of Finance which will allow you to examine the relationship between risk, money and time more deeply.
Taking a Master of Finance is a wise career choice which means you will be highly sought after by corporations everywhere. A Master of Finance will allow you to gain an understanding of accounting analysis in a local and international context, with a perfect blend of theory and practice. After completing the degree you will have the skills to deal with corporate finance and capital markets on any level of business.
MFin Program is a collaboration between the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) and Massey University – New Zealand since 2011 under the license No. 1080/QD-BGDDT. MFin has trained 12 courses with over 300 high quality students attending. Many Mfin students have been settled, receiving doctoral scholarships in New Zealand, or holding key positions in domestic and foreign financial institutions. That has confirmed the prestige and quality of education of the Mfin Finance program.
HIGH RANKING AND RECOGNIZED BY INTERNATIONAL
The finance major of Massey University is ranking 1st at New Zealand and also ranked 12th in the Asia Pacific Region and TOP 150 over the world.
This major is also recognized by international organizations such as ACCA, CFA, Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, Sas, etc.
INTENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAM
MFIN is a Master of Finance program for students intending to develop their career in major groups: Finance – Banking – Insurance – Securities; Investing Finance; Enterprise Finance. For example, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), financial controllers, financial experts, auditors, budget managers, risk management directors, M&A directors, etc.
The program is taught by professors and associate professors from Massey University
Year 1: 50% of lecturers from Massey University and 50% of International Banking Finance lecturers from UEH
Year 2: 100% lecturers from Massey University
DIPLOMAS ARE INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED
A Master in Finance Degree from the Massey University is internationally recognized.
INTERNATIONAL-STANDARD PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Mfin is designed according to international standards, with high practicality. The curriculum is designed and updated by Massey University – the standard of the New Zealand education and training system.
WIDE RANGE OF CHOICES
Mfin always offer the best opportunities for students. After completing your first year at UEH, you have the flexibility to adapt your future plans:
– Forward to second year at Massey University – New Zealand, or
– Continue to study the second year program at UEH – HCMC University of Economics
STUDY AT UEH – ISB, VIETNAM
5 Core units:
- 115.758 Interpersonal Communication at Work (15 credits)
- 115.759 Current Issues in Business (15 credits)
- 125 700 Managerial Finance (30 credits)
- 125 785 Quantitative Methods in Finance (30 credits)
- 125 781 Advanced Financial Risk Management (30 credits)
STUDY AT MASSEY UNIVERSITY, NEW ZEALAND
4 Core units:
- 125.732 Advanced Corporate Finance (30 credits)
- 125.740 Advanced Investment Analysis(30 credits)
- 125.892 Research Report Part 1 (30 credits)
- 125.892 Research Report Part 2 (30 credits)
STUDY AT UEH – ISB, VIETNAM
4 Core units:
- 137.710 The Theory & Management of Banking (30 credits)
- 125.740 Advanced Investment Analysis (30 credits)
- 137.897 Professional Practice Part 1 (30 credits)
- 137.897 Professional Practice Part 2 (30 credits)
- Application fee: 200.000 VND (non-refundable)
- Tuition fees: paid periodically (1 year and 2 terms)
Year 1: 68,400,000 VND
Year 2 in Massey, New Zealand: NZ$ 28,980
Year 2 in UEH, Vietnam: 228,000,000 VND
- Selection criteria: Bachelor degree domestically and internationally
- English requirements: meet one of the following conditions:
- IELTS 6.0
- Or pass the English entrance exam (placement test)
- April and October annually
- 2019 application deadline: 25th April